Oct 24, 2021  
2019-2020 Graduate Catalog, Volume 2 
2019-2020 Graduate Catalog, Volume 2 [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Tuition and Fees

Students enrolled for 9 or more hours are considered to be full-time students. College policies and charges for tuition and fees are listed below:

MSA Graduate Tuition (per credit hour) $1,268.50
MBA & Advanced Certificate in Data & Analytics, Summer Graduate Rate (per credit hour) $1,268.50
MBA & Advanced Certificate in Data & Analytics, Graduate Rate starting Fall 2019 (per credit hour) $900.00
Room (per semester)  
Hennepin Hall (per semester) $4,570.00
Hines Hall (per semester) $4,570.00
Plassmann (per semester) $4,570.00
Ryan (per semester) $4,570.00
Padua (per semester) $5,250.00
MacClosky Square (per semester) $5,970.00
Cushing Village (per semester) $5,512.50 - $5,580.00
Snyder Hall (per semester) $5,835.00 - $8,170.00
Premium Board (per semester) $3,137.50
Tuition Deposit:  
Graduate Students $350.00
Course and Laboratory Fees:  
Computer Use Fee (determined by course) $140.00
Miscellaneous Fees:  
Application Fee $50.00
College Registration Fee (Part-Time Students, per sem.) $95.00
Graduation and Diploma Fee $160.00
Late Payment Penalty (per semester) $140.00
Late Fee (per semester) $215.00
Parking Permit (per year) Plus Tax $85.00
Resident Student Laundry Fee (per semester) $57.50
Returned Item Fee $85.00
Student Health Insurance (per semester) $947.52
Transcript Fee (one-time) $50.00

Procedure for Payment

Payment is due in full by August 21, 2019, for the Fall 2019 semester and January 8, 2020, for the Spring 2020 semester. The College does not mail paper bills and you will be responsible to view and print your bill for payment. Bills are available online through our Student Account Center (SAC) at www.siena.afford.com. Any balance that is not covered by financial aid or loans must be paid by the semester’s due date to avoid late fees. If you are receiving payment from an outside source, you must notify the Office of Business Services, by the semester’s due date, in order to avoid late fees.

Checks and cash are accepted for payment. The College does not accept credit cards as a form of payment. Payment can be sent to Siena College, Office of Business Services, 515 Loudon Road, Loudonville, NY 12211. Please include the student’s name or student ID number with payment.

Through the Student Account Center (SAC) at www.siena.afford.com you can pay by an automatic withdrawal from your checking or savings account. Click on “View Available Payment Options”.

Siena College also offers monthly payment plans through Nelnet (Formally TMS), without interest, at a nominal enrollment fee. You may contract with Nelnet to pay the balance due to the College. The amount of your contract must cover all charges not covered by financial aid and loans in order to avoid late fees. A monthly payment plan can be set up by contacting Nelnet at 800-279-1918 or enrolling through the SAC at www.siena.afford.com. No monthly payment plans are offered directly with the College.

A student may not receive a diploma or transcript until all accounts have been paid in full.

Returned Payments

All returned items payable to Siena College will be assessed a non-refundable returned item fee. This policy encompasses all payments made through the Student Account Center as well.  If the payment is returned for any reason it will be assessed a non-refundable returned item fee.  In addition to this fee, the College may require that all future payments be made by certified funds.


A TUITION DEPOSIT of $350 is required of all new graduate students upon acceptance. This deposit must be made to effect completion of acceptance at the College and is non-refundable.

Withdrawals and Refunds

A student who finds it necessary to withdraw from any courses before the conclusion of the fall, Spring semester, or summer sessions must first obtain a withdrawal form available in the Office of the Registrar. A resident student must also advise the Office of Community Living (Sarazen Student Union, room 318). The date of withdrawal will be the later of the student’s documented last date of attendance at an academically-related activity or the date indicated by the student as his/her intended withdrawal date when the student submits a written statement of withdrawal. If a student leaves the College at any time during the semester without following this procedure, he/she will be marked as having failed in all courses for the semester. No refund will be given after the fifth week of the semester for fall and spring. No refund will be given for Summer Sessions after the fourth class has met. Any credit balances will be refunded by the method paid. A request for refund must be made in writing to Student Accounts in order for a refund to be issued.

Tuition: Tuition will be refunded on a proportionate basis according to the following schedule: Fall and Spring Semesters

Two weeks or less 80%   Five weeks 20%
Three weeks 60%   Over five weeks No refund
Four weeks 40%      

Students who receive financial aid and terminate their studies before the end of a semester may be required to refund a portion of their financial aid. The formula to be used is described in the Financial Aid section of this catalog. This refund policy is not applicable to students dismissed from the College and/or College housing for disciplinary reasons. If the College must return federal aid to the government on behalf of a student dismissed or denied access to housing and food services within the first four weeks of a semester because of disciplinary sanctions, the College will charge the student the amount the College was required to refund the government on his/her behalf. This refund policy does not apply to emergency closings; see Academic Information and Regulations.

Room and Board Fees

All full time students, with the exception of commuters and transfer students, are required to live in college residence facilities to the extent space is available and to purchase a board plan.

If you wish to appeal the residency requirement at any time, you must:

  1. Contact the Office of Community Living to request a petition to be released from the residency requirement. The form is to be completed and returned to the Office to Community Living, Sarazen Student Union, room 318. The appeal should be a request to be contractually released from the Housing/Food Service requirement for the subsequent semester or academic year. Examples may include but are not limited to: particular medical health needs, changes in your personal or financial circumstances or to review a first year freshman’s request to change to commuter status as defined by the student handbook, Siena Life.
  2. You and your family are strongly encouraged to include written documentation in support of the reason(s) (e.g. medical information, financial information, etc.) with your request for appeal.
  3. In the event that you are granted a release from the residency requirement or contract, you are no longer subject to the residency requirement as determined by the Appeals Board.
  4. The decision of the Office of Community Living is final.
  5. Students who withdraw from the College will receive a pro-rated refund dependent upon the ability to fill all beds.
  6. Students with billable damage (room/suite/townhouse and common area damage or vandalism) in excess of $100.00 may have this Housing/Food Service Contract immediately cancelled.
  7. Students dismissed from housing for disciplinary reasons are not eligible for any refund of housing fees (room and board, if applicable).

Other fees: Other fees will not be refunded in whole or in part.